Too often, wonderful kitchen gadgets are masterpieces of function but lack a certain design aesthetic. Many of these gadgets, while extremely useful, are bulky, ugly, and difficult to store. Consequently, they end up living on the counter, cluttering up your workspace and making your kitchen look unbalanced.
Food geeks everywhere are constantly looking for the perfect new tool – something that does the job extremely well, and looks good doing it. At ThinkGeek World Domination Headquarters, we’re constantly evaluating product samples, and discard more products than we keep because they’re either poorly made, of dubious usefulness, or just plain ugly. This was not one of those products.
Simple in design, perfect in functionality, and beautiful on our counter, the Shell Digital Kitchen Scale was a keeper. The stainless steel bowl rests, inverted, on the scale when stored, leaving our workspace uncluttered and clean. The easy-to-read LCD display shows us grams, ounces-dry, pounds, fluid-ounces, and milliliters. The simplified controls let you add multiple ingredients in the same bowl during prep. You can fill the bowl with up to 11 pounds of ingredients, and when you’re done, the mouth of the bowl empties its contents easily without spillage.
The build-quality is fantastic, with the internal mechanisms guaranteed for 10 years. Of course, by then, we’ll have food replicators and will have no need to measure anymore. Well, we can dream, anyway.
- Digital scale that’s compact, practical and versatile
- Lift off integrated measuring bowl; rest upturned bowl on unit and it’s ready to weigh
- Weighs liquids and dry foods; units include grams, pounds, ounces, fluid ounces and milliliters; large, easy-to-read LCD display and simple controls
- Convenient add and weigh function allows multiple ingredients to be weighed in the same bowl; auto power off feature maximizes battery life
- Internal mechanism guaranteed for 10 years
- 9.8 x 4 x 4.8 inches
- 3 pounds